The Club respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. This document sets out the Club's policy on how it will manage your personal information.
What is "personal information"?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine your identity. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
How does the Club collect your personal information?
The Club generally collects personal information about you directly from you, for example, when you provide information to the Club by phone, email or in a club membership application form. The Club sometimes collects personal information about you from third parties, such as from cricket associations or other clubs you are or have been involved with or from Cricket Victoria or Cricket Australia (together the "Other Cricket Associations").
How does the Club use your personal information?
- verify your identity
- develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports;
- market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by the Association, the Other Cricket Associations or the Associations/Club's licensees, suppliers and sponsors;
- administer and manage the Association web site and provide you with access to this web site;
- keep you informed of news and information relating to cricket and other sports, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums;
- research and develop new competitions, programs, statistics, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports; and
- research and develop new products, services and merchandise relating to cricket and other sports.
If you do not wish to receive newsletters, publications and other communications, please advise the Club in writing (contact details are set out below).
The Club will require parties that it discloses personal information to, to keep the information confidential and not to use the information other than the purpose for which it is disclosed to them.
Health and sensitive information
In some circumstances the Club may collect:
- information about your health; or
- other sensitive information about you (for example, information about your racial or ethnic origin).
The Club may use health information about you to ensure that Club programs in which you participate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs you may have and for insurance purposes.
When does the Club disclose your personal information?
The Club may disclose your personal information to:
- organisations (including the Other Cricket Club’s or Associations ) involved in cricket and sporting programs and initiatives;
- companies that the Club has engaged to carry out functions and activities for the Club;
- the Club 's insurers; and
- otherwise as required or authorised by law.
The Club web site
When you visit the Club web site, certain information about your use of the web site (such as which web pages you visit and the time and date of your visit) may be recorded. This information is analysed to improve the performance of the Club web site.
In addition, "cookies" may be used on the web site. Cookies are small text files that help a web site to remember your preferences and improve your experience of using that web site. Using cookies is standard practice for most large web sites. In some cases, the cookies used may collect some personal information about you. This information will be treated in the same way as other personal information the Club collects about you. If you prefer, you may be able to disable cookies on your internet browser.
Websites linked to the Club's website are not subject to the Club's privacy standards, policies or procedures. These individual websites would need to be contacted or reviewed directly to determine their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
Accuracy of your personal information
The Club takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the Club relies on the accuracy of personal information provided to it both directly and indirectly.
If you find that the personal information held by the Club about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact the Club immediately and the Club will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Protecting Personal Information
The Club stores personal information in paper and/or in electronic form. The security of information is important to the Club and reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure will be taken.
How can you access the personal information the Club holds about you?
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information. For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that the Club holds about you, you must put your request in writing. If you are not allowed to access any part of the personal information held about you, you will be told why. You will not be charged for lodging a request to access your personal information.
How to contact the Club
at PO Box 142, Endeavour Hills, 3802
or send an email to email@example.com
Changes to this Policy
From time to time, this Policy may be changed to reflect changing business practice or legal requirements. If it is changed the Club will notify you of the changes in such manner as it considers appropriate.